Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Christmas Greetings

Now I know a lot of people are going to be turned off by this...so I will tell you up front. I do not celebrate Christmas. My personal opinion is that Christians should not. Before you go nuclear on me, however, please listen to my explination.

Simple facts are:

#1 Jesus would have actually been born sometime in September.
#2 Ancient cultural sun "gods" were reportedly born on December 25th.
#3 Many of the traditions in Christmas are from pagan religions.

Now, what do I do? Hanuka?  Yes and no. I do believe Hanuka is ok to celebrate and I have in the past. I do NOT, however, use Hanuka to replace Christmas. It simply isn't a replacement and many of the modern Hanuka traditions are just as infiltrated with paganism as Christmas.

I DO celebrate the birth of Messiah. I simply do not do it on December 25th and I do not use the common Christmas traditions. No where in the bible are we commanded to celebrate the birth of Christ and so even if we don't we are not sinning. Certainly those of us who choose to do it in a different time and way are no more sinning. (I have run into people who act like and say I am)

Where do I get my information from?  Well research, my own and others.  I have done extensive research online, in encyclopedias, books, and other sources I can think of. All in all I have discovered the above stated facts.

If you would like to view some information I will post some links to some of the best presentations I know off hand.  :)  

Consider prayerfully with an attitude of, "Not my will but THINE be done."  Is all I ask.

Thanks,
Jason

 Both these sources are trustworthy in my opinion my research has confirmed their information presented. Though I do not hold the exact same opinion on everything these two places touch on I do trust they have sincere hearts and are in the will of God.

Jim Staley-Truth or Tradition 

Jeremiah Films- The Unwrapping of Christmas

4 comments:

  1. _/l\_ ...Namaste...Well Written...I Do Understand Your Opinion...Wishing...ALL...An Amazing Wonder Filled Season...May It Be Peace Filled...I Am Deeply...Humbly...Humbly Grateful... _/l\_

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting. I would recommend viewing the links I posted if you want more in depth information. They are both well done and structured.

      Delete
  2. I know this is a very late response to your Blog. Just discovered your Blog the other day. It certainly is encouraging to me to find another that believes the same way I do. I was wondering if there was anyone out there that believes as you and I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed. I have been in that same place many years, but after much prayer God lead us to a group where we meet on Sabbath and all our views are in union. It is a small group of 4 families counting my own. I will pray God leads you to a place like this. It has been a huge blessing for me as the scripture says, "Steal sharpens steal..." 20+ years of church I never had that... but I do now. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete