Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Pro life VS. Pro Choice

I would like to address another very important issue in our society.  I believe that the abortion issue is one of the greatest of our society with an estimated 50,000,000 children being murdered every year.
And that is only the documented abortions... there are numerous others off the record.

I realize, however, that most say the embryo is not a living being until after a certain date... however they used to say not even until it is born... and some even said shortly after it is born, thus partial birth abortion.  
     What does make a human human? It's our DNA.  There is nothing else that can possibly make us human. If someone wanted to find out what kind of blood they found they would do a DNA test. This would tell them if it was human, dog, bird...etc...   
     If you were to take DNA from an embryo immediately after conception, send it to a lab who had no idea where it came from.... what do you think their results would be?  They would tell you that it's human DNA.

I am not the most knowledgeable on the subject so I will keep this blog short.  Simply put, we all know that murder is wrong. Exodus 20 tells us that in the ten commandments. 

For more information or if you are unsure and undecided on the issue of abortion please take about 30 minutes to watch this video posted in the link below. This is the best video on abortion that I personally have seen.  

33 minutes that will rock your world 

6 comments:

  1. I'm surprised that you didn't mention Exodus 21:22.
    Exodus 21:22
    New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    22 “If men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that she gives birth prematurely, yet there is no injury, he shall surely be fined as the woman’s husband may demand of him, and he shall pay as the judges decide.

    Exodus 21:22
    The Message (MSG)
    22-25 “When there’s a fight and in the fight a pregnant woman is hit so that she miscarries but is not otherwise hurt, the one responsible has to pay whatever the husband demands in compensation. But if there is further damage, then you must give life for life—eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.

    It's interesting that "that she gives birth prematurely, yet there is no injury," is translated "that she miscarries but is not otherwise hurt," considering that means something completely different. The Message implies that if the baby is killed but the mother is okay that the only thing required is a fine, but the NASB along with most other translations I've read say something close to " so that she gives birth prematurely, yet there is no injury," which implies the baby must live for the punishment to only be a fine.

    Good post, Jason. This topic is always very opinionated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks that is a really good point! I have never heard anyone use that before which surprises me and honestly makes me feel like I missed something obvious.

    I am very glad you pointed that out and that is a wonderful verse to use. I have never been fond of the message and a lot of these other translations that change things up so much. I believe God will deal with those who do such things.

    This is a very opinionated subject... but the sad thing is it shouldn't be when you are in a "christian" group. How can a "Christian" condone murder? I know not all see it that way but I honestly believe that everyone knows deep inside (unless they have just completely shut their conscience off) that an embryo or fetus IS a human life.

    Again thanks for pointing that out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I too have never heard someone use Exodus 21:22 as an example of what God's Word has to say on this issue. Great insight. :)

    Also, agree with the fact that the translation "The Message" has failed to keep things true to the actual inspired words of God.

    Absolutely, love the 180 Movie and hope that it will reach and touch many lives for His kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you took the time to watch the 180 movie. I would urge you to share it with all your friends. :) thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I probably wouldn't know that verse either if it weren't for reading it on Lee Harmons blog, Dubious Disciple. His article on abortion is the only thing that made that particular verse stick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I am glad you have read it and shared it here. I will definitely remember that.

    ReplyDelete