Wednesday, October 30, 2013

For God and for Country!




For God and for Country! A phrase that I would hope most knew but perhaps the younger generation would be loosing it in their vocabulary. This is a good phrase, though I would add one thing...

For God, Family, and Country!  Our biblical priorities should be God first, family second (Immediate family first and then extended family) and then others. (Our country) 

If I asked most Christians, I am sure most of them would agree with me that this phrase is in the proper order. It's a prioritized statement so that if there is ever a decision to be made for God and against country or for country and against God... the choice is clear. For God then country.

Tell me then...in the picture above (and every where I see the Christian flag next to the American flag) why is it "For Country then God?"  I have seen many flags in this order in the past few days alone. Never have I seen the christian flag above the US flag...and if someone were to do that there would be outcry more than likely.

A flag, by definition, is a standard of something or someone. So the US flag is a standard of the USA. the Christian flag is a standard of Christ. (Messiah)  To raise the US flag above Christ's flag is to raise the standard of a country above that of the one and only God.

Just something to think about. Biblical priorities call us to go against the popular culture and popular culture tells us to go against God. 

Joshua 24:15

21st Century King James Version (KJ21)
15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the river, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land ye dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”


Food for thought with a healthy side of prayer and communion with our Creator. 


No comments:

Post a Comment